- Litespeed vs Openlitespeed
- Litespeedstech.com Detailed Feature Comparison
- LSE vs OLS Quick Feature Comparison
- Litespeed ESI Explained
- OpenliteSpeed and Litespeed Logging
- Tips and Tricks
- Skip Query Strings
- Cloudflare + Quic.Cloud
Litespeed vs Openlitespeed
There are a number of differences between Litespeed and Openlitespeed aside from one being free and the other being paid.
Litespeedstech.com Detailed Feature Comparison
There is a detailed feature comparison on litespeedtech.com
LSE vs OLS Quick Feature Comparison
What you get with Litespeed Enterprise
- 1 Domain, 1 Worker, 2GB Memory free license.
- Optimized commercial mod_security engine. (FASTER)
- Reads Apache's configuration files directly without server reload.
- Full .htaccess support
- Advanced .htaccess caching
- SSL Offloading
- ESI (Edge Side Includes)
- WordPress Brute Force Attacks Protection
- chroot ability
- Zero downtime server software upgrade
- Version management
- cPanel/WHM plugin / Plesk plugin
Litespeed ESI Explained
OpenliteSpeed and Litespeed Logging
Most logging is located within the following folder for system related logs.
You'll find that the logs for websites may be located under this folder, but usually located within another directory defined by the virtual host configuration.
When looking at the system logs, you'll sometimes see an error like so
[STDERR] [UID:1006] Reached max children process limit: 10, extra: 3, current: 13, busy: -1, please increase LSAPI_CHILDREN.
UID is the linux user id, so you can tell which site is producing this error.
Tips and Tricks
Skip Query Strings
This was posted on a Facebook Post.https://www.facebook.com/groups/selfmanagedwordpress/posts/4217573221669919
If OLS prior to 1.7.12:
Add this into your .htaccess file:
RewriteRule .* - [E=cache-key-mod:-qs:fbclid] RewriteRule .* - [E=cache-key-mod:-qs:gclid] RewriteRule .* - [E=cache-key-mod:-qs:utm*] RewriteRule .* - [E=cache-key-mod:-qs:_ga]
If OLS 1.7.12 then add this:
CacheKeyModify -qs:fbclid CacheKeyModify -qs:gclid CacheKeyModify -qs:utm* CacheKeyModify -qs:_ga
Do not forget to restart OLS right after.